What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, February 11, 2011

Universe Update

My eagle-eye daughter, Alice-Grace, found my scriptures thrown in a bush. Obviously, some thieves thought my leather Bible bag was a really ugly purse or an extremely squatty laptop that I had left in my car.

So sorry to disappoint them.

Now I have to dry them out as they've been sitting in a snowbank for a few weeks. Nigel says that with their water-logged puffiness, I'll look like a total scriptorian (they look VERY well read).

Really, it would've been just as easy to throw them back in my car as to throw them in a bush. Are there no considerate thieves left in the world?

2 comments:

Janet said...

That's terrible! People are crazy. All I have to say is: Karma!

Leslie Jam said...

My sister had a set that somehow fell in the toilet when we were kids-we called them the 'toilet scriptures' (not original) and no one would use them during family scripture reading.