What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tra la, It's May, the "Healthy" Month of May!

I'm continuing my constant quest to be more healthy. About 20 years ago I lost 45 pounds and for the last 19 years (even through three pregnancies) I've been able to keep it off. But then in the last year, my weight has been creeping up again.

I'm a big believer in baby steps, so I don't like to do anything too drastic. We were doing that vegetarian diet, but it was just too much work. I mean, four hours to make dinner was just too much for me (three hours preparing and cooking the meal, 30 minutes begging my kids to eat it, and then 30 minutes running to McDonald's to buy Happy Meals).

A Web site I really like is Word of Wisdom Living. Each week the author gives you a tip to be more healthy. It's simple things like buying bread that has more grams of fiber than grams of sugar, getting 30 minutes of sunlight a day, not drinking more than 12 ounces of sugary drinks a week, etc.

I've also just read this book:


I'm starting the recipes and exercise plan this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Geo said...

Oo, thanks for the link to that website. I'm interested to check it out. I'm needing to eliminate some assets as well. Good luck to us both.