What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, September 22, 2011

TV Follies

I don't know if the TV producers are getting dumber or if they assume that the TV watchers are getting dumber. Two recent examples:

I was watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (yes, I'm admitting it -- I watch it) and they were describing their trip from Los Angeles to some exotic island local. Anyway, here's the map they showed of their starting point:


Wow, I had no idea that Los Angeles is in the middle of MEXICO! I can see putting it a little bit too high or too low or too far east on a map, but didn't that huge peninsula called Baja California give you a clue that you were a little too far south?



The other day, I was watching an infomercial for Victoria Principal's skincare line and they were advertising it for $89.99 for a 90-day supply. But if you called right now, you could get their special offer of a 30-day supply for only $29.99!

Now I'm no math genius, but even I could see right through that one.

2 comments:

Vorquel said...

Hey, that second one is totally valid, if you want to save 2 cents

Geo said...

You are the soul of quality control.