What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another reason why I don't have a dog

Here's the latest closed-captioning blunder I've noticed on network TV (during a morning show segment on dog care):

Co-host #1: Can you give them a little of the meat off the bone?

Dog Expert: Meat, yes.

Co-host #2: That's OK for them, right?

Dog Expert: You can definitely do that.

Co-host #1: OK.

Co-host #2: But if they get used to eating table food, do they really want to eat what they've got in their bowel?

OK, for some dogs, they may actually be true!

9 comments:

SuziQ said...

Oh, the fun I miss when I'm proofing rather than typing...though I've seen things like that slip through to the proofing stage. LOL

Lois said...

SUZI -- yes, you miss out on all the fun.

rena said...

my dogs think cat poop is an extra special delicacy. if we're not careful we find them scarfing down in the litter boxes. YUM!!

Vorquel said...

Yeah, the cats always freak out when the dogs do that.

SC_mommie said...

ICK...

It's really messes with me when dog-lovers try to tell me that a dog's mouth is cleaner than ours. I can't STAND to have any critter licking around my face... (SOOO nasty!) I know what I've put in my mouth & I know what they've been eating, too!!! Give me wet, sticky kiddie kisses any day...

Lois said...

RENA -- gross!!!

VORQUEL -- well, wouldn't you?

SC MOMMIE -- half the time I can't handle the kid kisses, either!

Vorquel said...

Lois -- Considering that my interpretation of my cats' emotions is probably a projection of myself onto them, yes.

Geo said...

Homemade truffles, I guess.

Putz said...

10 reasons why you should have a dog...1,they are more loving than humans, and everyone needs more love2.my daughter's service dog helps her answer the phone...3..they give you all they got as zorba the greek said...they they