What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, April 2, 2010

I've Come Down with a Bad Case of Spring Fever

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've come down with a bad case of spring fever.

I've been busy training for a 5K (yes, I'm so out of shape and pathetic that I have to actually TRAIN for a 5K), trying out a new diet (no sugar, no flour -- so I'm putting in a lot more time cooking), and getting ready to plant my garden (if it would stop raining and snowing already).

In case you're wondering, I do have two more cats done, but I ran out of eyes (buttons) and collars (ribbon). As soon as I get over this spring sickness (or is it cat scratch fever?), I'll get back to the blog.

6 comments:

Vorquel said...

At least you can dress warm for the cold. We can't dress any more cool for the heat.

Camille said...

Wow, really? No sugar? That's amazing. I'm ecstatic about the 5k part. let me know if you ever want to run together!

velda said...

I can't believe you said it out loud--train for a 5k--now you are really committed. What a woman!

SuziQ said...

Yay for you! I was so excited to do an upcoming 5K, only to find out it was too late to register. I don't get why you have to register 2 months in advance?! Ugh. I'm too much of a procrastinator for this, I guess! I have a hard time planning that far in advance. It's not like it's a freakin' marathon!

Geo said...

Dangit, Lois, my week got discombobulated. Can we still try yogurt? Next week? Let's get a date on the calendar before this weekend's out, so we can yoge! I have a fresh starter, and I'm itching to culture.

What 5K are you doing? I'm thinking of "training" for one of those. I picked up a library book this week called Chi Running that has me convinced that I actually can run. Now I just have to put the idea to the test.

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- yes, which is why I don't live where you live.

CAMILLE -- I've quit the no sugar thing. I was actually consuming MORE calories with the no suger diet than on my normal diet. There is no way I'm running with you. You are too good!

VELDA -- I think I'm walking it, but I'm going to do it! If only for the T-shirt and goodie bag.

SUZIQ -- yeah, it's a pain.

MARTIANS -- stop posting comments on my blog!

GEO -- yes, still got to make yogurt. I did one of those plans and I STILL can't run. I have to be content with fast walking.