What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, August 6, 2010

Yummy Bread Pudding

Last night at book club one of the ladies brought the yummiest dessert. It's a bread pudding made with croissants -- genius!!! Here's the recipe:

BREAD PUDDING

In a 9x13 pan layer 8 buttered croissants sliced open face up. Sprinkle white chocolate chips and layer again.

In a bowl mix:
8 Large eggs
1 Cup Sugar
3 Cups Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Vanilla bean paste
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Pour over bread and smash down using a spoon making sure all gets soaked. Let Stand for 30 Minutes.

Bake at 350 for 1hr 30 min in a larger pan water bath (half full) -- covered with foil. Take foil off the last 7 or 8 minutes.

Sauce:
1 Cube Real butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste

Dissolve and Melt in Microwave. Do not boil.

Add any desired fruit last.

We did not have it with any fruit, but it was so, so, so, so good. She said that you can get vanilla bean paste at those fancy gourmet kitchen stores.

By the way, this month we're reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I am loving it and it's one of those books that you can't put down. I can't wait to find out what was in that pie (Don't tell me!).

6 comments:

Shana said...

Oh, the pie! Ugh. That book is amazing -- I'll be there next month :)

Camille said...

Oh I miss you and I miss telling you that I'm really going to finally go to book club and never actually going. I've read that book and the pie is the best part. You should serve it at the next book club meeting!

Heidi said...

I love The Help! Wait until you find out about the pie!

Curtis said...

I love bread pudding!

And, that's heavy cream, not half and half, right? :)

jensen_fam said...

ty my husband loves bread pudding and this looks do-able.

Walt said...

My Mom used to bake a chocolate cake just to add to bread pudding. Easy to get spoiled.