What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

I'm famous for never paying more than $1.00 for any car that I've owned and I think it's starting to show. The other day my kids were singing their own version of "The Wheels on the Bus" in reference to our current buck-mobile. It went something like this:

The wheels on the car go flat, flat, flat...
The oil in the car goes leak, leak, leak...
The battery in the car goes dead, dead, dead...

On and on it went.

The final straw was when I was watching a news report about the federal government's new plan nicknamed "Cash for Clunkers." You get a $4,500 rebate towards a new, fuel-efficient car when you turn in your old gas guzzling clunker. In the report, they were showing various cars which should be turned in -- and there was mine. Same make, model, year, color, everything.

No wonder my kids nicknamed our car "The Cause for Global Warming."

5 comments:

SuziQ said...

LOL, I love their song!

Lois said...

If only it wasn't so true.

Vorquel said...

truth makes the best jokes. why do you think my comments are so funny?

Geo said...

A lemon in hand is worth all those peaches too high up on the tree to pick. Whatever that means.

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- so true.

GEO -- I agree. I'm keeping my lemon.