What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another Shopping Score!

I got tired of getting bonked on the head by wayward bags of chocolate chips every time I opened my pantry door, so I decided to buy one of those hang on the door shoe holders to store them all in.*

I headed to Kohl's in their "decorate your dorm room" section. There they had the door shoe holder thingy for $21.99. YIKES!

Luckily, it was half off, so it was only $10.99

Even more lucky, I had a Kohl's gift card (free in the mail) worth $10.00 on any purchase.

So with tax, I ended up only paying $1.06.

From $21.99 to $1.06!!! Whoo-hoo!

*By the way, my pantry looks much more organized now (it works perfectly for storing bags of chocolate chips, envelopes of gravy mix, seasoning envelopes, bags of Lehi Roller Mill mixes, etc.).

10 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I was wondering what to buy with my $10 in mail coupon... THANKS!!!

dalene said...

that's a great idea.

unfortunately, at my house i must put chocolate chips (and any other form of chocolate) in a high-security safe or it will disappear long before i whip up the next batch of cookie dough. i used to hide chocolate in my underwear drawer, but you'd be surprised what people in my house will do for chocolate.

Janet said...

You are a genius!

Geo said...

What I don't get is why you don't have your own newspaper column.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing!

Karen said...

Great idea! I used to use one of those at my daycare to store the kids' mittens and hats in.

Lois said...

SHILLIG -- welcome back!

DALENE -- I don't know which is more disturbing, hiding chocolate in your underwear drawer or having your children searching through our underwear drawer!

JANET -- why, thank you.

GEO -- because I only come up with good ideas and get good shopping deals about twice a year!

JHJD -- I try.

KAREN -- I also have one in my coat closet for mittens and hats. They work great!

SuziQ said...

OK, love the mittens and hats idea...love it for the chocolate chips, too, I just don't have a pantry. But I'm definitely going to do this with our winterwear! Thanks!

Lois said...

SUZI -- I don't technically have a pantry, either. It's actually a linen closet that I use as a pantry (like I even have any linens).

SC_mommie said...

We watched Marley & Me last night & I thought of you, Lois! If not a column, maybe a book of your best??