What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Polka-Dot Smoothies?

Alice-Grace decided to use her creative skills with the new blender. After school, she made a smoothie with:

Grapes
Orange
Banana
Apple sauce
Carrots
Water
Ice

I liked the addition of the carrots. Why she used canned apple sauce instead of the fresh apples I had in the fridge, I don't know. There were little bits of grape skin throughout the thick smoothie, so it looked like it had polka-dots! Very cute.

We had breakfast for dinner, so I used the blender to grind up some wheat into flour for our waffles. It's so nice to be able to grind up exactly what I need and it only takes one minute and doesn't make a mess. The waffles were super yummy, too.

I didn't use the blender to mix up the waffle batter, though. I made that mistake with the brownies and it was just about impossible to get the batter out. I just used the blender to grind the wheat and then mixed everything by hand in a bowl. Much easier.

3 comments:

JandB said...

What kind of blender did you get? I've heard good things about Blendtechs (sp?),but they are pretty expensive.

Lois said...

We got a Vitamix. I've heard that Blendtecs are good, too. I asked my groovy friend which she preferred and she said Vitamix, so I went with the Vitamix. I still can't get things to taste as good as they did during the Costco presentation of the blender!

Lois said...

Oh, and Vitamixes are made in the USA. Blendtecs are only assembled in the USA. I've heard that Ninjas are good, too.