What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brangelina Babies!

Sure, Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir is fighting his indictment for war crimes committed in Darfur and the wildfires in California have now turned to mudslides, but what was the news all about yesterday?

Brangelina babies!

Yes, Angelina Jolie gave birth to twins (is there anybody who DOESN'T have twins these days?) in Nice, France. Of course, I'm thinking that the explosive amount of news coverage for this blessed event is really because all the reporters and crew really wanted to just hang around the French Riviera for a few days.

Oh, I also suspect that the person doing the closed-captioning for NBC doesn't approve of the rapidly expanding Jolie-Pitt family. Every time it was supposed to read "Brad Pitt," they typed in "Brat Pit."

9 comments:

dalene said...

The Brat Pit thing is brilliant!

Putz said...

the beautifl people had two beautiful babies, the world is certainly better off

Lois said...

DALENE -- yes, I like that, too.

PUTZ -- thank goodness!

Shana said...

Of course, your blog is all about the babies, too, so you can hardly blame the news, eh? ;)

b. said...

I love your job.

So, what did they name them?

rabidrunner said...

Here's my theory for the expanded news coverage:

It's Tour de France time (you know that whacky 2200 mile bike race through France). Half of the news people are in France already. ALSO, the babies were born on the first rest day of the Tour, so the press had nothing to do.

I'm sure the whole world is as obsessed with that silly race as I am. Sure of it. Unless of course a perfect philanthropic couple packed with infidelity happen to have twins.

Lois said...

SHANA -- touche. Of course, I only blogged about it because I thought "Brat Pit" was hysterical.

B -- I think the boy is Knox (all the boy names end with X) and the girl is Vivienne.

RABID -- oh my goodness, I didn't even know the Tour de France was going on! I think I'm missing the sports lobe of my brain.

Putz said...

i counted exactly 14 original ideas for family fun wshich i have blogged about, pine wood bows, face painting, rock painting, sleding down a glacier, fish at snow lake, rocket by air, red suns, rock coloring ,treasure hunt to the shitter, treasures of majic markers, digging in oil shale, beating each other up, walks to the end o the world, sleeping on blue bells, not your average camp out

Lois said...

PUTZ -- sounds fun!