What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Like most of you, one of my new year's resolutions has been to eat healthier.

Cut out sugar? No way. Say no to fast food? Yeah, like that's going to happen.

I'm not going to cut anything out. Instead, I've decided to ADD good food into my existing diet and make better choices.

For instance:

Salad at McDonald's -- grilled instead of crispy chicken.

Meatloaf -- I added two cups of chopped cabbage to one pound of ground beef (when it cooks down, you can't see it or taste it).

Creamy Chicken & Rice -- plain yogurt instead of sour cream and brown rice instead of white rice.

Snacks at work -- nuts instead of M&Ms.

French toast -- whole grain bread instead of white.

So far, ADDING good food is a lot more fun than TAKING away the bad food. Hopefully, I'll retrain my tastebuds so that I'll crave the good foods. Yeah, I don't think so, either. But I'm still willing to try.

3 comments:

Geo said...

More foot pie!

Lois said...

GEO -- definitely, "foot pie" is on the menu!

SuziQ said...

Smart changes! I may have to try the cabbage in the meatloaf, because even my daughter will eat meatloaf. Another change there is I use turkey instead of ground beef...or if it's something like taco soup or chili we use the vegetarian fake ground beef.