What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here he comes...

Speaking of beauty pageants, did I mention that my nephew, Six, won a "beauty" pageant recently?

Of course, how could he not with his stylish 1970s disco suit, baton twirling routine (complete with whistle and band uniform) and to top it all off, this was his reply in the question-answer portion of the contest:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as, uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”


Sound familiar?

3 comments:

Shana said...

As a native South African, I am proud that your nephew has joined Miss South Carolina in shining a spotlight on my homeland and its, uh, issue of some sort.

debi9kids said...

LOL! You did say "nephew" , right? LOL
I love you Lois! You always make me smile! :)

Lois said...

SHANA -- the funny thing is that if that was me up there, I probably would've said the same thing. I am no good under pressure.

BOUFMOM9 -- yes, my very manly nephew. He's so weird.