What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No more History Channel for you, young lady!

The other day Nigel was coming home from work and he saw Frances and a few of her friends out in our front yard pretending to dig with shovels.

He asked, "Are you planting a garden?"

Frances replied, "No, we're having a war."

Looking puzzled, Nigel queried, "A war? Is that how you're fighting?"

Frances matter of factly answered, "No. We finished the war. Now we're taking care of all the bodies."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

talk about cracking me up!

McKenna said...

That girl is hilarious. She should have her own show. I'd watch it every day!

Sorry about the PTA. Want my box tops? :)

Heidi said...

Well, it does seem like the obvious thing to do.

Putz said...

your neiborhood is just like the family you spent all summer with at zoos, labs, aviarys, palanetariiums

Lois said...

SHILLIG -- she's a riot.

MAC -- I would love your box tops.

HEIDI -- yes, very logical.

PUTZ -- I think we're rubbing off on them.

Vorquel said...

History Channel tends to be very gloom and doom. Perfect for, umm, what's his alias on here, Jorge?

Vorquel said...

I'm sure I'm going to accidentally use one of your real names on here sometime.

Geo said...

Very considerate of them.

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- don't worry, Nigel always puts the wrong names down and then I just delete them.

GEO -- yes, always thinking of others (when it comes to dead bodies, that is).

Nigel said...

We need more tidy imperialists...

Lois said...

NIGEL -- well, that goes without saying!

Jillybean said...

At least they were cleaning up after themselves.

Lois said...

JILLYBEAN -- if only they would clean their rooms!