What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Putting the T & A in PTA

So this was the conversation at our last PTA meeting:

"Do we want to do the "Read with the (insert name of local professional basketball team here)" program this year?

"What's that?"

"We did it a few years ago and it was really popular. All the schools compete and whichever school's kids read the most minutes in a month, they get a professional basketball player to come to the school to read them a book and pass out autographed photos. We actually won last time."

"How did it go?"

"Well, it would've been better if the basketball player wasn't illiterate and actually COULD read the book to the students. Then we discovered that in the autographed photo that we passed out to all the kids you could see a tattoo of a naked lady on his arm, so we had to gather all the photos back from the kids. And then the very next day he was arrested for statutory rape, so we had to explain what that meant to all the kids."

What the?!? Who knew being in the PTA could be so salacious?

Needless to say, we decided to NOT do the program again this year.

8 comments:

rena said...

WOW!! I think i want to join the the loco PTA now!

Anonymous said...

H I L A R I O U S!

(I guess if it wasn't your kids)

Anonymous said...

,

Putz said...

ON MY BLOG JUST A FEW DAYS AGO, I PUT A CUTE LITTLE KITTTY DOING SOMETHING I THOUGHT WAS KIND OF CUTE AT THE TIME, BUT LIKE my butt crack pumkin backfired on me...the kitty was holding a toy gun out the window....pretty good photography....well one of my bloggers had a anxiety attack over it...said it was jfk getting snipered by lee harvey oswald...go figure

Geo said...

Good thinking.

Vorquel said...

Typical life. Nothing is as it seems, but everything is what it looks like. Just like general relativity!

McKenna said...

You know, you really do have the best stories. How does all this crazy stuff happen in your presence? :0)

Lois said...

RENA -- I think YOU are the one that would make it interesting.

SHILLIG -- it was pretty funny.

PUTZ -- what?

GEO -- yes, we have a very level-headed PTO.

VORQUEL -- again, what?

MAC -- I don't know how it happens. The funny thing is that every crazier things happen to my sister, Rena. You should hear some of her stories!