What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Driving Me Crazy

Three food drives all at the same time! Boy Scouts, work and school. It's just getting to be too much. I decided that I had to just pick one to donate to (all the food goes to the same place anyway). But with limited funds and trying to beef up my own home storage, I've had to come up with some creative ways to buy extra food.

Here is my latest supermarket score:

4 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal -- $3.19 each
2 boxes Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes -- $1.99 each
2 boxes Betty Crocker Muffin mix -- $2.99 each
2 boxes Betty Crocker Cookie mix -- $2.49 each

Total = $27.70

After using the store's "value card"

Total = $19.98

After special store offer of getting $5.00 off for buying 10 General Mills/Betty Crocker products

Total = $14.98

After using manufacturer's coupons for all products (free on the General Mills and Betty Crocker Web sites)

Total = $9.58

That's right, from $27.70 to $9.58, baby! Score!!!

8 comments:

rena said...

you are the shopping guru! I never have found deals that hot. I worship your frugalness.

Putz said...

money ssaved because i don't shop any where 27.69 the total of what you started with, so i also save your 9.87...

Anonymous said...

You're awesome, Lois.

Lois said...

RENA -- I very rarely find them either, that's why I get so excited when I do.

PUTZ -- normally I'm the same way. "Watch me save even MORE money by not using this coupon and not buying it at all!" But alas, I had to buy food for the food drive.

JHJD -- yes, I am, aren't I?

Nigel said...

Lois rules, RULES I tell you!

Leslie Jam said...

Amazing!

Vorquel said...

One word: wow.

Lois said...

NIGEL -- yes, you are well trained (insert whip noise here).

LESLIE & VORQUEL -- these deals happen few and far between, so I have to brag when I can.