What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mountain House Freeze-Dried Beef Teriyaki with Rice

This was just OK. It certainly didn't look too appetizing, but the rice was good, the sauce had a little kick to it and the water chestnuts were a pleasant surprise.

Our Final Analysis:

I would pass on this one.

I should note that Nigel gave it low scores because it reminded him of an unfortunate barfing episode following eating a Hawaiian haystack.
Speaking of barfing, I must admit that I've given these later freeze-dried entrees low scores because I'm finding it harder and harder to convince myself to eat them. Even though they all taste good and they're all different, it's just too hard to stomach so much prepared food.

I would say that a few cans of freeze-dried entrees would be good for your food storage, but definitely DO NOT depend on them for your entire year's supply.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

Hey you...I'm getting tired of all these food critiques.
I want some more inner soul stuff from you. :D

Lois said...

HILDA -- talking about my husband throwing up Hawaiian haystacks isn't "inner soul" enough for you?