What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mountain House Freeze-Dried Scrambled Eggs with Bacon

Jeffrey loved this! And he hates everything! He kept going on and on about how it tastes just like scrambled eggs and bacon (which it is). Frances and Alice-Grace weren't as thrilled (but then again, they don't like bacon or scrambled eggs to begin with). Nigel and I liked it, but the texture of the eggs is a little different. Not bad, just different.

I should note that these meals come in pouches and they're completely dry. All you have to do is add boiling hot water, stir, seal the pouch back up and wait 5-10 minutes. With the spaghetti, you just ate it from the pouch, but with the eggs, you had to drain the excess water out first. This was hard to do without losing all the tiny bacon pieces along with the water.

Our Final Analysis:

Tasted good, but not sure if we'd like a big can of it

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your analyses of the different foods. -holly

Vorquel said...

Your making me hungry. (Insert witty comment here.)

Lois said...

JHJD -- it's mostly for our record so we know what to buy!

VORQUEL -- speaking of hungry, I bought you a treat. I'll try to bring it by on Saturday (not sure when since I have work and then a birthday party afterwards).

SC_mommie said...

You can get fine mesh strainers at kitchen supply stores... Or use a paper towel in a funnel... Or a piece of cloth from an old pillow case or sheet... but do NOT use coffee filters! They don't "filter" like you'd think. Instead, you wind up with a huge mess... I tried coffee filters when making my yogurt cheese & it was "whey" too messy... :oP

Lois said...

SC MOMMY -- you are very "punny." I have also done the coffee filter mistake.