What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Be Kind Rewind"

This little gem of a movie I discovered at our local library. I didn't know what to expect about a movie I'd never heard of starring Jack Black, Danny Glover, Mia Farrow and Mos Def (a rapper), but it is so cute! I don't want to say too much because it's fun to just see where the movie unexpectedly takes you, but I do recommend it.

Disclaimers: Please keep in mind that it is PG-13 (some swearing and inappropriate dialog, so maybe not for the kids -- especially since they will be bored by the subject matter) and the director is French (so don't expect your typical "everything tied up neatly in a bow" American movie ending).

9 comments:

Vorquel said...

Hey! That's not a funny story from your life!

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- no, it's not. But it shows that I'm still cheap because I'm checking out DVDs from the library instead of renting them!

Shana said...

I loved "Be Kind Rewind." Good job.

SuziQ said...

I didn't love this one (I am not a Jack Black fan)but my hubby loved it. I liked the premise, just not so much the execution.

Lois said...

SHANA -- I figured you would like it.

SUZI -- yeah, kind of a French vibe--but I like French movies.

Jillybean said...

I would go check out the movie from the library, but we can't afford it. They charge a dollar for every day the movie is overdue and we don't seem to be able to return anything to them on time.

Lois said...

JILLYBEAN -- isn't that how RedBox makes their millions?

Camille said...

We like this movie so much that we own it. You're welcome to borrow it any time. We charge no late fees.

Lois said...

CAMILLE -- but you SHOULD charge late fees!