What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, September 7, 2009

Family Reunion Memories

As I'm reading everyone's blogs, "family reunions" seems to be a big theme for the summer.

One year my family had a camping family reunion. As I was getting out of the communal shower, my sister, Rena, jumped out and took my picture. Luckily, I was able to cover most of my "naughty bits" with a small (very small) towel.

I thought the funny little episode was over. But no. Several weeks later, I get a package in the mail from Rena. She had taken the photo and had a PUZZLE made of it!!!

I must admit that it's my kids' favorite jigsaw. They really love leaving out the pieces with the towel on them so that it looks like I'm naked. This is especially fun for them to display it on the coffee table when they know company (preferably someone from church) is coming over.

I must admit that I don't remember much from that family reunion, but I do remember that! Thanks, Rena, for being such a fun sister.

10 comments:

Camille said...

That is awesome.

Janet said...

Thank you for the perfect black mail idea!! You are so funny.

McKenna said...

You. Are hilarious.

I can't think of another blog where I would ever read a story like that! It's hilarious!

McKenna said...

I'm wondering if I said "hilarious" enough in that last comment...so I'm gonna throw another one in for good measure.

...hilarious.

And there we go.

rena said...

I was going to send the puzzle to Nigel with the missing pieces for him to put together. I never thought your kids would have so much fun with it!

Vorquel said...

I love that story, but I was hoping for one I hadn't heard before. Oh well.

Lois said...

CAMILLE -- not nearly as awesome as you, though.

JANET -- such a great idea for black mail!

MAC -- Quantify!!!

RENA -- yes, the kids love it. You are too weird. I will get you back one day, I will! (Imagine fist pumping and maniacal laughter)

VORQUEL -- yes, I'm old and repeating myself. That's what I do! I'm old and I repeat myself!

Geo said...

Your family has a monopoly on great humor.

Lois said...

GEO -- "Sorry," but we take great "Risk" in "Life" of getting in "Trouble" with our "Monopoly" of humor.

SC_mommie said...

love it... sounds like something Nigel would've done when HE was a kid...