What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shameless Plug

Be sure to go see this genius little movie with some great music (done by my neighbor) called White On Rice!

Right now it's playing in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Orange County (check local listings).

The film opens in Utah this Friday and will play 5 times a day at the following locations:

Century 16, Salt Lake City
12:10 2:25 4:45 7:15 9:30

Cinemark 16, Provo Towne Centre
11:55am 2:10 4:20 6:45 9:00

Co-stars Hiroshi Watanabe (Letters From Iwo Jima), Justin Kwong , and directer Dave Boyle will be attending Provo screenings at 6:45 and 9:00 on Friday, and 11:55 and 2:10 on Saturday.

They will attend Salt Lake screenings at 7:15 and 9:30 on Saturday night.

Check it out!

5 comments:

McKenna said...

I suppose I should check this out. I'm guessing we have similar taste since I LOVE "Be Kind, Rewind". The part where Jack Black blends into the fence had me slapping my couch, and I'm not big on outward displays of amusement, so a Couch Slap is a pretty big deal.

Camille said...

Yahoo for your neighbor!

Lois said...

MAC -- I haven't seen it yet. Just doing my part to promote my neighbor's music career.

CAMILLE -- yes, go neighbor! I saw him out running this morning.

Lois said...

MAC -- oh, that is the best scene ever in "Be Kind, Rewind." At first I was like, "What does he have all over his face?" Then it all made sense. Too funny.

McKenna said...

You're kidding! That was Nigel at the door?

Well, that solves a mystery.

To make a long story short, we'd just finished sending about seven neighbor kids home so that we could eat (neighbor kids who kept climbing onto our counters to steal Frooties from the cupboards), so when there was a knock at the door, PC just yells out, "Tell them we're eating!" thinking it's another neighbor. My mom follows this command...to the letter. I thought it was a little harsh of her to yell at a little kid, but when I asked her which kid it was, she said, "Um...some guy." PC and I grilled her about the appearance of said "guy" to try and figure out which neighbor my mother had so unceremoniously door-slammed, but we didn't get much farther than, "Guy. With a beard."

PC is gonna love it when I tell him it was Nigel. Sorry about that!