What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, March 15, 2010

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Meow-a? #5

At book club a few months ago, we read a book called "Speak." The woman who chose the book chose it because she works at a place where children are brought to be questioned in cases of suspected sexual abuse. It's a place where they can feel safe.

It's horrible that such places have to exist, but maybe they would like my cats. Something to hang on to while they tell their story.

Also, my cats don't have mouths, and the book "Speak" is about a girl who stops communicating after a traumatic incident.

4 comments:

Shana said...

Would love some of your cats!

Lois said...

SHANA -- I'll put you down as a good possibility! Thanks!

Geo said...

Everyone wants a friend who won't (or in this case, can't) tell secrets.

Lois said...

GEO -- that's the best kind of friends.