What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesdays with Meow-y #3

Here's knitted cat #3. This is supposed to be based on my neighbor's orange cat, but for the life of me I cannot find orange yarn anywhere (everything is "pumpkin"). So instead, this is a yellow and pink mixed yarn. I tried to save time by knitting it all in one piece (as opposed to knitting the arms separately and then attaching them to the body), but it gives the cat too much of a stiff appearance. I also apparently need help on not tying granny knots on the bows around their necks.

3 comments:

Geo said...

Have you ever heard that song by The Knitters, "Poor Little Critter in the Road"? Your pink and yellow kitty has a new theme song!

(He's kind of cute all stiff and startled like that.)

Camille said...

I'm trying to figure out a way to be inspiration for one of your cats. I don't have a cat and I hate cats so I'm having trouble coming up with anything...

Lois said...

GEO -- are you saying it looks like road kill?

CAMILLE -- isn't being in "TIGERfire" enough of an inspiration?

Hm, obviously my alien overlord is trying to make a comment about my cats. I'll need to brush up on my Martian.