What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, March 1, 2010

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Meow-a? #3

I was knitting one of my cats at the dentist's office and I told them my story about the Year of the Tiger and my goal to make 52 cats.

My dentist recommended donating them to a Women & Children Crisis Center. His son is gathering materials for toiletry kits for the center as part of his Eagle Scout project. He said that many of the women and children arrive there with just the clothes on their backs. I bet a child would like something to hold onto and call their own.

Maybe that's what I'll do.

5 comments:

Curtis said...

That's a great one. Some coworkers and I volunteered their last week. While there, I saw about eight kids. They were very cute, and I was sad they even had to be there.

Lois said...

CURTIS -- I'll have to put that on my list of possiblities.

Geo said...

Great idea.

Lois said...

GEO -- too many great ideas! I hope one really stands out at the end of this.

Geo said...

Maybe you need to toss in one of these now and then, just to keep your kitties entertained.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/city-mouse-toy?xsc=eml_crd_2010_03_06