What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Freeze-Dried Cheese

I opened up my #10 can of freeze-dried mozzarella cheese. I was very curious as to how this was going to turn out.

It looks like regular grated cheese, just hard. I soaked it in warm water for five minutes and most of the cheese got hydrated well. The only bad part is that it now looks like a clump of cheesy rubber.

I added it to my meatball sandwiches and I put it on pizza and I must admit that it melted nicely and tasted just like regular mozzarella cheese.

I think this one's a keeper.

(Please note that someone in my family must also like it because I keep finding it in the cupboard with the lid off -- they're just eating it straight out of the can)

4 comments:

Vorquel said...

The only cheese I like, now in forever form!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

oh I like this one!
cheese is such a staple for me!
I buy those big cans of nacho cheese and store those b/c that's all I knew of...thanks for the mozzarella tip!

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- we're tossing it in everything now. It's great!

SHILLIGS -- I am pleasantly surprised with how good this is.

Geo said...

Hmm. I just saw a Willy Wonka-esque vision of your cheese snitch after all the swallowed mozza reconstitutes in the belly—get your Oompa Loompas ready, just in case.