What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, May 3, 2010

I "Knead" Some Bread

As of this morning, we have one slice of bread left.

I guess it's time to get out the flour and yeast and start making some. Luckily I have this bread recipe where I can make homemade bread from start to finish in only one hour. I went to a class given by the lovely ladies of Pantry Secrets and I was so inspired that I bought enough of the ingredients to make four loaves of bread a week for an entire year.

Then I realized that I would have to WASH the bowl, dough hook and loaf pans, so the ingredients have just been sitting there in my pantry.

That's probably what prompted my "no flour" diet.

Oh well, time to get kneading.

5 comments:

Vorquel said...

Some people are so kneady. You knead to have a lot of dough just to fill the yeast of their kneads.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Oh! I missed that class, I'd love a copy of the recipe :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think I need your bread recipe....! Mmmmm!

Lois said...

VORQUEL -- oh, you're so punny. You should be punished, maybe put in a punitentiary.

SHILLIGS -- I'll e-mail it to you.

JHJD -- you do have the recipe. You photographed it last time you were at my house. I'll e-mail another copy to you.

Geo said...

Have you ever tried making the no-knead overnight kind of bread?