What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, June 28, 2010

Too much of a veg for veggies

So I got my second basket of produce on Saturday afternoon and I made the mistake of not putting it away in the fridge fast enough (give me a break, my bananas from last week's basket just barely got ripe!). Anyway, I went to put them in the fridge Sunday morning and the strawberries and Swiss chard were already moldy! Snapdragon!

I'm not good with produce. I end up throwing most of it away because I don't eat it fast enough or it never gets ripe or I picked a bad one to begin with.

I give up.

3 comments:

Vorquel said...

You wasted strawberries? You're a bad person!

Mary Ann said...

Bring it to our house. The kids are eating us out of it!

Geo said...

Better stick to taters, huh?

I got a hot tip from Becca today: green smoothie popsicles! Whatever you've got left, maybe it's worth a try. She said her daughter who won't touch smoothies because of the texture actually really like them frozen as pops.