What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I've Been Tagged -- Again

ABC Blag

A- Attached or Single? Attached (but my earlobes are not).
B- Best Friend? guy: Nigel -- girl: I must admit that I haven't had a "call on the phone and talk for hours and go out to lunch every week" girlfriend since I've been married (though my sister, Lorna, is often dragged into those situations). I have lots of friends, but Nigel is my best buddy.
C- Cake or pie? Oh my goodness, it HAS to be pie. For my birthday? Pie. For Thanksgiving? Pie. For Christmas? Pie. I used to love Key Lime, but my body has revolted against all citrus. Chocolate cream or coconut cream is always good. Not into the fruit pies.
D- Day of choice? Tuesday (that's the only day I get off of work).
E- Essential Item? My budget paper that I keep in my wallet (I keep track of every penny -- I don't spend my money wisely, but I know where every cent goes).
F- Favorite Color? Pink
G- Gummy Bears or Worms? I hate all things gummy (or goomy as Gnat likes to say).
H- Hometown? Clover City, CA
I- Favorite Indulgence? Cadbury Cream Eggs or Pepperidge Farms Mint Brussels cookies.
J- January or July? July (I look forward to the Freedom Festival and Pioneer Day every year).
K- Kids? 3: Frances, Jeffrey, and Alice-Grace
L - Life isn't complete without? Old MGM musicals.
M- Marriage date? Dang coldest and windiest day to be outside taking photos while surrounded by turkey farms.
N- Number of brothers and sisters? 5 brothers: Clark, Spence, J.D., Henry and Stillwell; 3 sisters: Lorna, Myrna and Rena
O- Oranges or Apples? Peaches (always peaches).
P- Phobia and fears? Falling in the shower and knocking out all my teeth (Denturaphobia).
Q- Quote? "Mr. Green is Left-Handed" (graffiti at my high school).
R- Reason to smile? Seeing people trip (yes, I know that's horrible, but I can't help myself).
S- Season of choice? Fall (also known as pie baking weather).
T- Tag three people? Can I tranquilize and tag some wild animals instead?
U- Unknown fact about me? I went to junior high with the actor/musician Jack Black.
V- Vegetable? Green beans (the squeaky ones).
W- Worst habit? Biting my nails.
X-Ray or Ultrasound? I don't want to drink a bunch of water, so I'm saying X-ray.
Y- Your favorite food? Ginger's elk enchiladas (I can eat them every day of my life).
Z- Zodiac sign? "Keep Off The Grass"

9 comments:

rabidrunner said...

I have a crush on Jack Black. Was he funny back then?

dalene said...

X-ray or ultrasound? What kind of question is that???

I'm so with you on the pie. Of course if Carina made the cake I'd seriously reconsider.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

ELK enchiladas???

Lois said...

RABIDRUNNER -- he actually was really funny. It took me the longest time to realize the actor and the guy I went to school with were the same because back in junior high Jack weighed about 80 pounds. Even back then he was doing commercials and stuff like that. Alas, he left our rinky-dink school to go to the local performing arts high school.

CW -- I guess they were desperate for something that started with X.

CJANE -- yes, they're delicious! Her husband's a big hunter, so she had to figure out a way to use up all that meat. She's awesome.

rabidrunner said...

Do you think I could substitute venison for Elk in this fabulous Elk Enchilada recipe? Do you have access to and/or share said recipe?

b. said...

I refuse to let Hoss bring home anything that he or any of his acquaintances killed (unless it's one of the farmer neighbors beef or pigs and I don't know which one it is). So my neighbor takes all of Hoss' elk and/or deer and bottles it for mexican food. Sick.

Lois said...

RABIDRUNNER -- I'm sure you could, but I couldn't get the recipe out of Ginger. She just makes it up as she goes along.

B -- I always say that if venison was so delicious, they'd sell it in the grocery store. Elk is OK, though.

Geo said...

How COOL for Jack Black that he can say he knows YOU.

(I think Jack and I are great friends in a parallel universe.)

Lois said...

GEO -- yeah, I doubt that he remembers me. I only remembered him because I always felt sorry for him when the teachers called us last names first and he was "Black Jack."