What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Coupon Update

Back in January I blogged about my quest to find coupons. I decided to look through my cupboards and find products that I really liked and send them e-mails asking for free coupons. Here's my results:

My favorite cereal company and my favorite dishwasher detergent manufacturer both told me to find coupons in my local newspaper (I don't get a paper) or to print them off from their Web site (I wrote that my grocery store doesn't accept Internet coupons). One of the companies even suggested that I shop at a different store! I must admit that I was very shocked by their response. Here I am, a loyal customer telling them how much I love their products and that I want to buy MORE, and they won't send me coupons. How rude!

A frozen fish company sent me a coupon for $1.00 off my next purchase.

My kids' favorite yogurt maker sent me a coupon for FREE yogurt. Score!

A toothpaste company sent me a free sample of their toothpaste along with the coupons. Mega score!

A major soup company sent me $4.00 worth of coupons and these coupons were good for any of their products, with no stipulations (they even included a booklet of recipes).

Today I got a letter from a major food company that included 7 coupons for their various products.

Despite the fabulous coupons that I received, I had to stop e-mailing these companies because I'm not too sure about their privacy policies (maybe it's just a coincidence that right after I gave all these Web sites my e-mail address, I became flooded with letters from princes in Africa that need my help transferring their funds to a bank account in America).

I will still continue my search for coupons!

5 comments:

Melody said...

I admit I am not here for the coupons. I just read your comment on Rynell's blog about ghosts on the bishop's tie.

I wet my pants. .. almost . .. but I really wanted to wet my pants... this is the highest compliment.

You crack me up.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Ah yes, the much awaited coupon update.

This is so fun.

Lois said...

MELODY -- happy that you almost needed some Poise pads because of my silly brother!

C JANE -- I was at Provo Bakery today and thought of you. No, I didn't get any donuts. I got two dozen baklava instead!!!

Geo said...

Princes apparently need some coupons.

Lois said...

GEO -- definitely!!!