What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thorry, No Thursday Thopping

Nigel was supposed to have a show at some hoity-toity art gallery in Los Angeles, but the show got canceled/gallery closed down/art people being typical art people and flaking out.

Anyway, I took all these days off of work so I could watch the kids while he was gone and here he is doing my laundry instead of selling his fabulous art work.

So, I'm doing my spring cleaning. Sorry for the lack of posts, leaving comments, replying to comments, etc., but I've been up to my elbows in some serious decluttering and scrubbing. I only take occasional breaks to watch "Clean House" and get inspired (can I just say that I love Niecy Nash? She's awesome).

Well, got to get back to moving furniture around and vacuuming!

7 comments:

debi9kids said...

I've been wondering where you had disappeared to. Glad to know it's just cleaning that got you, not a cold.

dalene said...

I am both proud and jealous! Happy Spring! Happy Spring Cleaning!

b. said...

I love Neicy too, but the blonde chick is HYSTERICAL!!
She does some stand up on the side and is a SCREAM!!

Geo said...

Never did trust hoity-toities.

When we're both through with putting out houses together, let's have a home show.

Lois said...

BOUFMOM9 -- oh yes, definitely not a cold. That's what got me last time.

CW -- the spring cleaning is going really well so far. Now all I have left is my bedroom and the closets (shudder).

B -- I like how when the blond girl smiles, her eyes look like upside-down U's. I thought that only happened in cartoons!

GEO -- a home show, definitely. Just be sure to wear the paper booties over your shoes in mine (so that the dirt from my carpet won't transfer to your feet, not vice-versa).

The MacMizzles said...

I am a compulsive reorganizer when I clean. I don't just clean I move all the furnitue around. SO I feel ya on the whole hiding out thing. My house flooded so we are rearanging everything at the moment.

Lois said...

McMILLANS -- flooded? Oh no! I love rearranging furniture. It drives Nigel crazy, but I can't stand to have things in the same position for more than a year. My mother always moved the furniture around, too. In fact, we never knew which bedroom we would be in from year to year. People who don't do this (like Nigel and my sister, Lorna) just don't understand the joy of a new room configuration. It's like doing a huge jigsaw puzzle!