What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

So Nigel got discharged last night. He's still on oxygen and taking lots of medications, but he's much happier being at home than at the hospital.

He's doing much better and the hole in his chest seems to be healing quickly. He still gets coughing fits if he eats, talks or gets up and just walking five feet wears him out, but we're sure that he'll be well in just a few weeks.

We've had such an outpouring of e-mails, phone calls, visits, comments, flowers, baby-sitting, offers of meals, etc. What a wonderful group of people we are blessed to surround ourselves with. Thanks to everyone!

10 comments:

dalene said...

I'm so sorry--I only just overheard someone talking about this at work yesterday and I didn't know. I was relieved to hear today that you are home now.

My best to Nigel--and to you, too. I'm sure you must have been very worried.

debi9kids said...

Very glad to hear he is home. Please keep us updated and I will continue to pray for his recovery.

SuziQ said...

So glad to hear he's home and doing well! I've been so worried about you both all week!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Nigel,

Get well. I am serious. You are going to need to paint my portraiture soon. I am thinking I want your signature gold wings.

So like I said, get well. Soon.

Courtney

Rynell said...

I am so glad he is on the mend!

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

rabidrunner said...

Congrats on the recovery! It looks like our spouse's traded places. Yours got out (sounds like jail!?) and mine went in.

The MacMizzles said...

I am so glad he is home. What a scary time for your family. Hope you are well.

Lois said...

CW -- thanks for the good wishes!

BOUFMOM9 -- he is doing much better. Goes to the doctor on Monday, we'll know more then.

SUZIQ -- thanks for all your extra work while I was gone.

CJANE -- oh yes, wings AND a halo.

RYNELL -- thank you!

RABIDRUNNER -- oh! I'll have to read your blog and find out what happened to your husband. Hope everything's better now.

McMILLANS -- we are doing well.

Geo said...

Nigel, now there's an avenue to explore artistically (and get paid mega-bucks for): portraits of blogger all-stars.

I'm glad you're okay, and I hope you just get better and stronger and NEVER collapse another lung!

Lois said...

GEO -- knock on wood!