What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, April 7, 2008

If I Had a Hammer...

I'm trying to convince my sister, Rena, to create a blog. She is too funny and has the most ridiculous things happen to her (OK, tragic for her, but HILARIOUS for me!).

Did I mention that she once sliced her foot open on the phone? The PHONE! How do you cut your foot on a telephone?

One year she decided to teach herself how to juggle. She was in her room juggling some beanbags and whenever she juggles she throws the objects too far ahead of her so she has to walk forward as she juggles. She walked as far as she could in her room, but was soon stopped by her bed. She kept leaning farther and farther over her bed until she finally made a graceful leap onto the bed to catch the beanbag.

Or, should I say it would've been graceful if she hadn't been nailing pictures up in her bedroom earlier that day and she left her hammer on the bed -- claw end up.

The hammer got her right in the chin. Lucky for her, she didn't get seriously hurt. Lucky for me, she did get an awesome scrape on her chin so that everyone asked her about it and she had to relay this story over and over again!

8 comments:

Putz said...

that is so funny

Lois said...

PUTZ -- she is funny. She keeps life interesting.

rabidrunner said...

Tell Rena that I'll read her blog every day and I'll have my closest 3 friends read it too. Maybe that will give her some blogging ammo. You must also make a grand announcement whence it happens.

Lois said...

RABIDRUNNER -- of course, her cheap husband would have to get Internet for their home, first (yeah, I said it, CHEAP HUSBAND).

The petulant ninny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...

RABIDRUNNER -- I think your "set up a non-profit for her" comment should've gone on this post.

Geo said...

Re-NA, Re-NA, Re-NA!

Lois said...

GEO -- let's get a wave going until Rena gets Internet and makes her own blog -- or at least makes comments on my blog. Rena, are you still there?