What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's a Dog's Life...

When I was younger, we had a daycare center in our home (because my mother obviously didn't think that 9 kids and 5 foster kids were enough -- she had to have about 14 daycare kids, too).

One day I was changing a toddler's diaper on the bathroom floor when our dog came tearing into there as fast as she could, claws skidding all over the linoleum. This was quite odd because the dogs are NEVER allowed in the house and even if they did somehow get in, they never went beyond the kitchen.

Anyway, our dog went racing into the bathroom and straight for the dirty diaper! That stupid dog gobbled up this huge pooh in two bites!

Being only 10 or 11 at the time, I wasn't sure what to do. My first instinct was to grab the dog by its hind legs (it was a small Pekingese/Maltese mix) and start shaking it over the toilet yelling, "Let go! Let go!"

The grossness of what was happening suddenly hit me and I had to get out of there quick. I ran into my parents' bedroom where Rena was reading a book. She said that I was this sickly green color and couldn't speak. She put a new diaper on the child and scooted the dog out of the house.

And people wonder why I don't have a pet dog OR babysit.

9 comments:

Shana said...

Yeah, dogs eat poop. I still love 'em. The picture is pretty cute, even if it's not of your dog.

Lois said...

SHANA -- yeah, our dog was not nearly as cute and we didn't have digital cameras back then.

Tiffany said...

You are hilarious. My parents have been in town so I'm a bit behind in blogging and checking other blogs but I love your last four or so posts! And I also don't like dogs. I hope my kids never get their hearts set on one.

Anonymous said...

I DID IN HOME DAY CARE WHEN WE LIVED IN CA AND LOVED IT! I NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF INCIDENT THOUGH! WOW!

AND THE SHORT TIES STEM FROM MY HUSBAND'S BROTHER'S MISSION AND IT WAS "COOL" TO SEE HOW FAT YOU COULD GET THE KNOT OF YOUR TIE AND ALONG WITH THAT CAME IT GETTING SUPER SHORT... BOYS ARE SILLY

Lois said...

TIFFANY -- how fun that your family was in town! Your house used to have two HUGE dogs in it. Hope they didn't do much damage!

SHILLIG4FAMILY -- my sister used to do daycare and she loved it. I guess I'm not a "baby" person -- is that why I keep getting called to nursery?

That cracks me up about the ties. Too funny. Those strange boys.

The MacMizzles said...

Yeah, there is something very wrong about witnessing this perverse chain in the food cycle. I may look at my children's diapers a little differently now.

Lois said...

McMILLANS -- yes, it's just nastiness any way you look at it.

Geo said...

Aaauuuugggghhh!!!!!

Sick and wrong and greatly funny!

You've read this already, right?

Lois said...

GEO -- yes, I did read that. Too funny! CJane cracks me up.