What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, February 29, 2008

Hanging with Mr. Zager

I loved my junior high English teacher. Who doesn't love their junior high English teacher?

His name was Mr. Zager.

He introduced us to Truman Capote. He had a Christmas tree in his classroom because growing up Jewish, his mother wouldn't let him have one in their house. He had us sit in reverse alphabetical order because he always hated being last (I'm sure Ilene Ziff loved that about him).

Speaking of alphabetical order, did you notice something about my 29 Love posts for the 29 days of February?

  • A: Avocados, Alice-Grace
  • B: B-52s
  • C: Cannery
  • D: Dryer sheets
  • E: Elevators
  • F: Frances, Friends
  • G: Gremlins
  • H: Health
  • I: Ice cream
  • J: Jeffrey
  • K: Kittens
  • L: Loy, Myrna
  • M: Myrna (my sister)
  • N: Nigel
  • O: Origami
  • P: Pink
  • Q: Qatar
  • R: Rick (pet names)
  • S: Snow, Spring
  • T: Taxes
  • U: "Umbrella" song
  • V: Vashti
  • W: Work
  • X: Xerox copies
  • Y: Yelling
  • Z: Mr. Zager

4 comments:

Rynell said...

I just love your alphabetized posts!

Lois said...

RYNELL -- yes, I really need to get a life.

Geo said...

You are so dang subtle.

Lois said...

GEO -- story of my life, subtlety.