What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hostess with the Mostest?

On Monday morning before work I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things (I made the mistake of making cookies Sunday night and therefore we're all out of milk for cereal Monday morning). Well, those few things turned into a million things. So much for not buying anything "prepared."

I used the excuse that we have a house guest living with us and I was concerned about her starving to death (she picked a bad month to visit). But I must admit that I use this excuse a lot to buy things I wouldn't normally buy -- even when I know that my guests don't eat anything (I'm looking in your general direction, Rena's family).

By the way, I made the "Root Beer Float" cupcakes from that free cookbook I got from the library. Let's just say that the cupcakes are STILL sitting here on my counter. I think there's a reason why that cookbook was free.

2 comments:

renalap said...

It's not that we don't like to eat your food, we just don't like to eat!

Lois said...

I know, but it still doesn't explain why I feel so compelled to buy so much food when I know you guys are not going to eat it!