What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Snow Cones, you temptation of the devil!

So of course I did good on Sunday by not spending any money, but let me say that I did go to Costco on Saturday, but just got some milk, more berries, and a rotisserie chicken -- I'm pretty sure it's a law that you have to pick up a delicious roasted bird every time you go in there. I usually avoid stores on Saturdays, but we were out of milk and I've heard so much about their wonderful free samples on the weekend. Well, I must've gone on a bad day because there was hardly anything (unless you count the Culligan guy giving out samples of water -- really? Free water?).

On Monday I spent a long day working and sleeping. No spending there.

Today I'm doing pretty good, but just let it be known that the new Snow Cone stand that they set up on my block (literally just feet away from my home) is killing me! Oh, icy goodness, fruity syrupy wonder, you freezing delight, how I long to embrace you.

I did buy gas today. This was something I was dreading because I was hoping to do a lot more walking and not have to buy any gas this month. But the extreme heat, my laziness, and having to drive my children 6,000 different places a day kind of put an end to that idea. I am hoping to buy a lot less gas, though. We'll see how it works out.

2 comments:

Curtis said...

When your month is over, reward yourself with a snow cone from the place across from Helaman halls (Hakolei?). Their snow cones are to die for. You can get them with ice cream on the bottom and topped with sweetened condensed milk. Good luck with the rest of your challenge.

Lois said...

Curtis -- you are the devil! Stop tempting me! Maybe I'll try all the snow cone places in town and blog about them.