What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, July 2, 2012

Not Buying It

A while ago I read the book "Not Buying It" about a woman who goes a whole year without buying anything (she set up her own guidelines -- since she couldn't go without purchasing some food items and paying her utility bills). I've always wanted to try this little experiment (I love me some stunt journalism), so I'm going to try to go the month of July not buying anything and then blogging about it.

I'm sure that I'll fail miserably, but that's half the fun!

Good news -- I didn't buy ANYTHING on Sunday, July 1st.

Of course, that's an easy one since my religion frowns on going to stores or purchasing items on the Sabbath, but I'll take any victory I can.

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Plus, three quarters of UT closes on Sunday haha.
I like your goal! Good job!
What are you guidelines?
gas?
groceries?

Lois said...

Shilligs -- I'm just making up my rules as I go along. Mostly it's just a good excuse to say to my kids, "Sorry,I can't get you that, I'm not spending anything this month."