What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics Fever

OK, so I've pretty much tossed the idea of not buying anything "prepared" or "processed" from the grocery store out the window. It's just too hot to cook from scratch. I'm still not going out to eat or getting any fast food or buying anything extra (though the other day my husband was buying something and he forget his wallet, so I had to pay for it -- but it was his stuff, so that doesn't count, right?).

To celebrate the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics, we ate only ring-shaped foods (get it, Olympic rings). So we had bagels, donuts, gummy rings, ring-shaped cookies, onion rings, pizza topped Bagel Bites, Cheerios, Spaghettios, etc.

I did try to round out all those "prepared" foods by making up a mess of collard greens and purple green beans (they start out purple, but turn green when you cook them) that I picked out of my garden for dinner.

No comments: