What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Trails to You!

In my crazy job of monitoring TV news, I get to watch a direct feed from the network (which means that besides watching the live broadcast, I also get to see what goes on during the commercial breaks and before they start taping).

The other day there was this comical exchange during the sound check between the anchor in New York and a male reporter (who was wearing some decidedly "girly" rain wear) in the Midwest at the scene of the Mississippi River flooding.

Anchor: Hey, Dale Evans called. She wants her boots back.

Reporter: Very funny.

Anchor: No, really. They look great. I just have one question. What did you do with the culottes that came with those?

When the news really did air, the anchor was very serious and professional, but I did notice that the reporter had covered his boots with a thick layer of mud.

Oh, and you know how I love finding mistakes in the closed captioning. Every time it was supposed to read "Morales," it said instead, "More or less."

12 comments:

Putz said...

i blog to piper with love and she lives back east and just lost her job and wants to return to live in wyoming and i told her in utah she could meet some one with horse s--- all over his boots and was a republican, and she bit, she ask me to find her some one just like that...is you co worker interested in her...check her out on piperwithlove blog

Geo said...

so your husband called my husband and my husband told me that your husband said that you had a day off today and something something about a movie and I got home from a young women pow-wow too late to call you and then I was all excited to ring you up early today and maybe take in a show with fabulous lois and then I made the mistake of making magical cheese scones that apparently turned the whole world on its ears because it's now twenty minutes to five and I am taking my first free breath of the day and what else could have done it besides the scone because I haven't experienced a crazy day like this in so long and hey one of my young women showed up with her fiancé and her whole family practically and surprised me with an emergency wedding announcement job and i've been at it half the day because you know she's my gal and i feel now like i've gone through a time warp since they finally left but lucky for me I gave them all the rest of the cheese scones so I'm expecting life to settle down and jeepers I wish we were going to the movies now.

(Nice boots.)

dalene said...

i love stream of consciousness.

dalene said...

p.s. I love your work stories, too.

Lois said...

PUTZ -- ...OK...

GEO -- what? I don't know where he got the idea I was going to see a movie today. Wall-E doesn't come out until TOMORROW!!!

CW -- yeah, I know you wish your job was as exciting as mine.

debi9kids said...

LOL! How funny to get to see that!

The MacMizzles said...

I double dare you to wear coo lots and boots to work tomorrow. :) Chortle chortle.

Rynell said...

Tee hee! I just love blooper type of things....and "insider" goofs.

Putz said...

ok lois this is getting serious, this girl is so damn cute that i hate to even let her out to the world, remember piper with love, she says how tall is this journalist cowboy, so lois, it is to you, how tall is this journalist cowboy. she is a jpurnaist also

Lois said...

BOUFMOM9 -- yeah, it's really fun. We also do a lot of local New York/New Jersey news programs. It's funny because I know more of what's going on politically there than I do in my own state!

McMILLANS -- who's to say I'm not wearing them now?

RYNELL -- gotta love the bloopers!

PUTZ -- I don't think that you quite understand that these are NETWORK reporters, so they're older, live in New York City and are MARRIED.

Geo said...

We thought maybe Nigel was being your social secretary. I'll be home from camp on Thursday if he ever wants you to have a movie date with me again. (I'd love it.)

Lois said...

GEO -- oh, Nigel was setting me up on a movie date with YOU! I totally didn't understand your comment. I thought he was just randomly calling people up and telling them that I was going to see a movie. Yeah, like that makes any sense.