What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Choose Poverty!

Why am I so budget conscious?

Well, long story short, Nigel and I decided that he would quit his job and concentrate on his art. Ever since he finished school, he's been working hard to support me and the kids. I didn't want him to be on his death bed regretting that he had never tried to make it as an "artist."

So instead of him working full-time and me working part-time, I'm now working full-time and he works on his art full-time (well, as much as he can while also taking care of the kids). I guess you can say that we're choosing poverty.

Now I really have to work on staying within my budget. No extras, no luxuries. Do you think I can do it?

3 comments:

Geo said...

I do!

GrittyPretty said...

Hi Lois,
YOU are so awesome for doing this! brave choice! Double kudos!
signed,
embracing poverty too!
p.s. i got your link from geo

Lois said...

GRITTY PRETTY -- thanks for visiting! Glad you like it, it's such a struggle for me. Isn't GEO awesome?