What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Sunday, October 14, 2007

We are Not Amused

OK, so Nigel just read my blog and told me that the correct title of the book is "Amusing Ourselves to Death." Sorry.

He's amazing. He remembers everything and has the incredible ability to never spend money. I mean, he can have the same $20 bill in his pocket for months on end and it never occurs to him to spend it.

Of course, he's also done the same thing with paychecks. Once I was putting away his laundry (OK, who am I kidding -- me, putting away laundry? I was probably rifling through his drawers looking for money he never spent) and found paychecks he never cashed. This wouldn't be a big deal, but the company no longer existed!

It may be because he's above this whole money thing, or just because he's an artist, or maybe that his memory isn't as great as I said it was.

2 comments:

Geo said...

I pick (c) All of the above.

Right before we left for Oregon I found a check for some work I did a couple Christmases ago that somehow I'd missed cashing. I worked my fanny off for that money too, and was underpaid. Plus, I think the lady's no longer in town, so it really rankles.

Lois said...

GEO -- glad to see it's not just him. Must be an artist trait.