What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HI ME 5 CENTS

So I'm talking to Fred about how some cafe was ripping me off. They were charging me a whole dollar more for a combo with juice as opposed to a combo with soda pop. Now I know that juice normally costs more than soda pop, but if I bought the drinks by themselves, they were both $1.25 each! Why should juice be magically more expensive just because it's paired with a sandwich and chips?

Frances pipes up, " And they're totally over-charging for the juice to begin with because right on the bottle it says, 'Hi, me five cents.'"

Fred and I look at each other -- What the heck?

Then it dawns on me that Frances was reading HI ME 5 CENTS -- as in if you live in HAWAII or MAINE, you get a FIVE CENT deposit on the bottle!

4 comments:

Geo said...

This made me laugh so hard!

dalene said...

Your kids are sooooo smart!

(Let's all move to Hawaii where juice only costs $.05).

Emily Anne said...

hahaha! linked over from Geo's place and I'm so glad I did. Pleasure to meet you and your blog.

Lois said...

EMILYANNE -- I'm glad you like it. I just love GEO, don't you?