What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lois the Antenna

When I was younger (in the days before cable), our TV would only get good reception if someone sat BEHIND it. Since I was the youngest, I was always relegated to the position of "antenna."

One Halloween my siblings wanted to watch "Trilogy of Terror" starring Karen Black. I'm telling you, the only thing worse than watching a scary movie as a child is LISTENING to a scary movie as a child. I still have nightmares.

4 comments:

Geo said...

Someday I'll tell you about the time my dad took little girl me to a Disney drive-in double-feature and they showed previews for the Exorcist between movies.

dalene said...

Tee hee! I wonder if you could put that on your resume?

Kelly said...

Once my parents were watching a scary movie when I was very young. I remember sitting on the stairs, not being able to see the tv, but listening to it. I'm still afraid of leprechauns to this day. ... I hear ya' girl!

Lois said...

GEO -- oh, that's scary just thinking about it!

CW -- yeah, at least I'd have something good on my resume.

KC -- I'm scared of leprechauns and I didn't even listen to that movie!