What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Spidos!"

So I was pregnant AND sick with the flu and just felt miserable. Then I started hallucinating that I had been bedridden for so long that spiders had spun webs all over me.

I sat up in bed and freaked out. The next thing I know I've dragged my husband out of the bed, across the floor and into the closet. The whole time I'm yelling, "Spidos! Spidos are going to get me!" (Good to know that in times of stress, those six years of speech therapy go right out the window)

My husband then stripped the bed and started smashing my (imaginary) spiders. By this time, I realized that it was just a dream and I crawled back in bed and went right to sleep. Poor Nigel was so confused. Here I was freaking out about spiders one minute, and then happily sleeping the next.

6 comments:

dalene said...

You've got spam!

I love that Nigel smashed spiders for you. That's really sweet!

Mary Ann said...

Some more story requests: we want the one about the crystal meth and the spray starch, the one about the kitten licking teeth, the butter sandwiches story, and the vegetables on the roof. We're not in a rush -- you can have time to work them into your theme or the holiday season, you know? We're really enjoying the blog.

Lois said...

CW -- I've deleted spam!

Yes, Nigel is awesome. Read my latest blog about him smashing spiders.

MARY ANN -- I'm so excited you're reading my blog! Of course, it can't compare to your Germany blog. I loved that one. Yeah, I'll have to write about those other stories. I can't believe you remember them.

Nigel said...

What Lois didn't say was I'm horrible at waking up. Some people can't sing, some can't draw. I'm bad at waking up, especially if I have to do it abruptly. So, I'm all groggy and I'm trying to hunt spiders while my brain is on auto-pilot. In such situations, I have a verbally abusive gym teacher/drill sergeant in my head who shouts at me to stay awake and do my job. I was relieved when Lois went back to sleep. But the rest of the night I had bad dreams I'd missed something that would (literally) come back to bite us on the butt.

Geo said...

I LOVE that story! Rob and I still quote you when we come across a spido in the house. I thought Nigel was a true hero the night you found yourself caught in the web.

Lois said...

NIGEL -- you're my hero.

GEO -- oh, my inability to pronounce the letter "R" is now being quoted! How horrible!