What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thopping

Here's some coupon trivia I learned today:

I was at the supermarket taking advantage of their "buy 5 packages of pasta, get a dozen eggs free" and "buy three bottles of dish soap and get a pound of butter free" offer and the coupon said that the free items could be worth up to $3.00 each.

I grabbed butter and eggs costing only about $2.00 each, expecting to be reimbursed for the exact cost of the items. Well, it turns out that I was reimbursed for the full $3.00!

Of course, I combined coupons with the items I had to buy to get the free stuff, so it was a massive grocery score all the way around. YES!

7 comments:

dalene said...

Where did you get these coupons? I need some:)

debi9kids said...

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am'n2Deep said...

The stores are going to start locking their doors when they see you coming!

IMPRESSIVE!!

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...

Lois, I am amazed by your thriftiness, I wish I were able to emass such greatness when purchasing edible material at the grocery store.

Lois said...

CW -- on the Albertson's circular and I can't remember where I got the other coupons, one of my many Sunday newspapers!

boufmom9 -- say it in your best Marv Albert voice: YES!

AMN2DEEP -- yeah, they better hide after all the times they weighed my produce with a gallon of milk on the scale!

XANA-DIVA-DELUX -- I'm also purchasing inedible goods at the grocery store (mostly cleaning products, in case I ever get off my butt and clean my house).

Geo said...

You've got the Midas touch, baby.

Lois said...

GEO -- yes, I do (actually, I just don't blog about all the stuff I get totally ripped off on -- hm, or maybe I should???)