What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Energy Crisis Solved!

My 10-year-old daughter Frances plops down next to me and says:

"I'm thinking of inventing a fart-powered car. I'm calling it "The Real Natural Gas." I just hope that farts have power. I also haven't figured out how to harness the power of the farts. When you fart in the car, I can have something in the seats that takes them to the engine, but what about when you fart and you're not in the car? That's just a waste of energy. I think I'll have to invent some kind of fart-absorbing tampon."

Then she just gets up and goes out to play.

11 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

i think that would actually work. quick, invest in beans!

seriously, what a brilliant kid!

McKenna said...

Ha!

And what else can I say? You can't really add anything to a post about fart collecting tampons :)

Shana said...

DNA at work...your child is a genius. Actually, a fart absorbing tampon is not such a bad idea regardless of its vehicle-powering abilities. They'd be perfect for first (up to maybe tenth) dates, job interviews, public appearances, and the list could go on.

dalene said...

Um, apparently Oprah's do.

Geo said...

Oh, they have power alright. Just ask my baby brother-in-law for a demonstration.

This is one of the best posts EVER. That girl is brilliant.

SuziQ said...

Oh. My.

I just don't know what to even say about that. Maybe get that girl some sort of inventing kit for Christmas, she could make you guys big bucks!

Lois said...

GRITTY -- yes, she's a genius.

MAC -- I don't know where she comes up with this stuff.

SHANA -- oh my goodness, my husband said the EXACT same thing! He was like, "Hm, not a bad idea for job interviews."

DALENE -- well, of course, Oprah can do anything.

GEO -- I'm a little scared to ask for a demonstration.

SUZIQ -- she's got a million ideas!

Putz said...

oh, good grief charlie brown, lois is back, we ought to make a song about lois is back don't step on acrack....back to your old ways with a fart machine...how as your PRIMArY work?be good for halloween

Lois said...

PUTZ -- good hearing from you. I'm taking a much needed break from Primary with Gen Conf coming up! Yahoo!

b. said...

Three Cheers for Frances!!

Genius!!

Lois said...

B -- yes, my little genius.