What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dreams Really Do Come True

It's official. I just got my dream job. The job I've been dreaming about ever since I was a little girl.

I'M A FLEA'S CANDY LADY!!! (Yes, I changed the name to curtail future law suits)

I get to wear the white dress and hand out free samples and everything. Now, it's just for the Christmas season, but at least I've got my foot in the door.

It's a good thing that I stopped dying my hair and let my gray show because they like to hire "mature" women. So, should I be insulted that I got the job? No way!

When I go job hunting, it's all about finding the right kind of atmosphere for the most hilarious experiences. I try to live my life based on having great stories to tell my future grandchildren.

Currently, I watch TV for a living (seriously, I do).

The best job was when I worked at a veterinary hospital and part of my job consisted of pulling the dead dogs out of the freezer and handing them to the pet cemetery guy. Not a walk-in freezer -- a chest freezer! I had to literally dig through frozen dogs to find just the right one. I was always a little wary because I was just there in a lab coat and bare hands and the cemetery guy was in full bio-hazard gear. Did he know something I didn't?

Oh, dreams really do come true.

7 comments:

Geo said...

You will be the best candy lady on the planet. Let me know when and where and my Candida and I will come to visit you.

Lois said...

GEO -- oh, you better!

JandB said...

yeah, i'm going to the mall just to see you! let me know when you start and jarred and i will be there to see you living your dream.

Carina said...

The butterscotch squares are my favorite, just so you know.

Lois said...

BECKS -- once I get my schedule, I'll let you know.

AZUCAR -- I hope they don't force us to only give out "certain" samples. I'll have to add that to my list of requests from people.

dalene said...

You're not leaving us are you?

Lois said...

CW -- no, I'm not leaving you. This is just seasonal.

NOTE -- you may request any candy for a sample, there's even a sign posted saying so.