What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Sunday, November 4, 2007

"It's Fast Sunday, So We Need to Make It Really Fast"

After church, Alice-Grace and I were preparing asparagus. She was snapping the spears very quickly and said, "It's Fast Sunday, so we need to make it really fast."

I love Fast Sunday. I look forward to it every month. And it's not for the reasons you think.

I hate that most of my budget money goes to food. I hate shopping for food. I hate cooking food (it's a good thing we have Supper Club, or we'd starve). I hate doing dishes.

That's why I love Fast Sunday. It's such a relief to know that I don't have to think about food at least for a few hours.

My secret wish is to be able to get all my nutritional needs through breathing alone. Just imagine, no shopping, no cooking, no cleaning. No kitchens, no supermarkets, no toilets. Take a deep breath and say, "Oh, I'm full. I can't inhale another bite."

Until that day comes, I'll be grateful for Fast Sundays.

4 comments:

rabidrunner said...

Hello Lois. I am rabidrunner. I just read about blog etiquette. It said that if you frequent a blog, you need to comment. So here's my comment: Your blog has become one of the finer points of my day. It's similar to that cup o' joe I used to frequent before I discovered salvation (or the laws thereof).

Lois said...

RAPIDRUNNER -- Glad you enjoy the blog. One of these days I'll have to blog about my VERY embarrassing high school track & field experiences. I'm always impressed by those who are into running and actually enjoy it.

Geo said...

Do you feel the same way about sleeping?

Lois said...

GEO -- no, sleeping is awesome!