What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanks for the "Meme"-ories

So Geo tagged me with a meme. Since I'm not sure exactly what "meme" means and there's no way I can compete with Geo's and Compulsive Writer's very creative and witty memes on the same subject, I'm going to stick with my theme of gratitude:

TOP 5 REASONS WHY I'M THANKFUL FOR GEO

  1. When I was sick in bed and bored out of my mind, she brought over her prized Martha Stewart Living magazines for me to look at (as well as her fabulous collection of Esther Williams videotapes).
  2. When I lent her my car, she returned it with a full tank of gas AND she vacuumed out the interior!
  3. She didn't get mad at me when Nigel gave her husband a pet snake and the feeder mouse escaped and nibbled through her food storage.
  4. She's an awesome example of being a caregiver as she's taken in her in-laws, grandmother, friends, relatives and various animals (dog, cat, chicken, etc.).
  5. She drove me to the hospital when I was in labor with my babies (at crazy hours in the wee morning) AND she drove me back home with my new bundles of joy.

13 comments:

Geo said...

Awwww! This is going into my Love Book. Thank you so much!!!

Problem is, I don't see any new stuff on your list. I must be slacking off. Time to renew the friendship vows.

xoxoxo

(You've got more witty in your pinky finger than I've got in my whole untapped brain.)

Emily Anne said...

so sweet. five more reasons I'd love to meet Geo in real life.

Am'n2Deep said...

I'm with emilyanne. Geo is a fantastic human being!


And may I add, I'm enjoying your blog. I've been meaning to pay a visit. Glad I did.

Lois said...

GEO -- yeah, you slacker! Do more stuff for me! Of course, it's harder now that we're not next door neighbors. You're awesome!

EMILYANNE -- yes, she's great.

AM'N'2DEEP -- thanks for visiting!

Geo said...

Hey, I tried to make you the number one candy seller at Flea's, but you weren't at work the day I came to buy everything!

Can I come over and do your dishes?

(Do Flea's ladies work on commission?)

dalene said...

Oh, now I love geo even more.

dalene said...

Oh and I'm with geo about your wit--not comparing it to hers, of course, but your posts are hysterical!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I love Geo too! Let's start a fan club!

Lois said...

GEO -- you can ALWAYS come and do my dishes! No commission as far as I know of (especially since I eat my weight in candy whenever I work there).

CW -- yes, Geo is awesome. I have funny experiences, but I'm not so witty when put on the spot.

C JANE -- definitely! I'll be president of the fan club. In fact, just this week Geo's husband brought Nigel a big box of art paper. They're both awesome!!!

Geo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geo said...

So, when are you going to change the name of your blog? I was thinking Forget about me—it's all about Geo would be really nice.

Rynell said...

I want to be in the Geo Fan Club! Pretty please!

Lois said...

GEO -- it's not all about you, you're just loved because you are you.

RYNELL -- let's start a fan club! I'll collect dues (oh wait, I'm banned from that ever since that unfortunate Chinese Club embezzling incident in high school.