What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Parvo -- It's Not Just a Disease for Dogs

TOP 5 REASONS WHY I LOVE PARVO

  1. MLB Life Science Museum (my kids refer to this place as the "Hippo Store").*
  2. Four seasons (OK, 3.12 seasons -- it seems like spring lasts about two days).
  3. Eating my weight in snow cones at the Freedom Festival every summer.
  4. Walking to church.
  5. Sweet's (especially on luau night).
*One of my favorite stories is about my co-worker who was going to take her kids to the zoo in Pepper Pond City, but the weather was bad so they decided to go to the MLB Life Science Museum instead. She was explaining to her children that they were still going to see animals, but that they wouldn't be alive. Her kids looked at her horrified and sobbed, "Are they going to be in piles, Mommy? Are they going to be bloody?" OK, maybe she could've explained that better.

8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

We know a little boy who refers to it as "The Museum of Dead Life". Apt title.

Monica B. said...

I'm new around here where is this fun museum?

Geo said...

Gram always wanted to go and visit Shasta the Liger.

Lois said...

GEO -- did she never get to see Shasta? That's the highlight! Such a "Napoleon Dynamite" experience.

We think of Gram whenever we sit in our pink La-Z-Boy chair and get magazines out of our side table. Thanks Gram!

Geo said...

Oh, she saw him MANY times. I have a photo of them together. She remembered him from his non-stuffed days at Hogle Zoo.

Lois said...

GEO -- glad that Gram and Shasta had many bonding moments.

Whenever I go to the zoo, all the animals are locked up because it's "too cold" for them outside -- including the PENGUINS!!!

Rynell said...

My kids also love the MLB museum.

Lois said...

RYNELL -- yeah, last time I went they didn't have the play room open. I hope they don't get rid of it. That's our favorite.