What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanks, Nigel!

TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE MY HUSBAND

  1. He can watch the VH-1 "Hip Hop Honors" and sing along to every rap song.
  2. He goes along with all of my crazy schemes ("Yeah, Lois, covering the living room with tin foil and and pretending we live in a submarine is a great idea!").
  3. He cooks -- very well.
  4. He lets me take naps in the afternoon.
  5. He understands Yiddish.
  6. He never gets mad when I use up all the hot water (which is often).
  7. He always has a new conspiracy theory (I always thought those "Smoking Gun" guys where hot).
  8. He would go out and buy me club sandwiches when my pregnant body was craving them (usually at 3 AM).
  9. He cooks Thanksgiving dinner every year.
  10. He loves me.

13 comments:

dalene said...

Did you really do that with the tin foil?

Lois said...

CW -- no, but I wanted to and he was all for it.

Geo said...

He's a man of great character and excellent taste. Nuthin but Nigel fans at our house!

Hey, is that a Grapevine* original? Nice.

(*That's me, speaking in code.)

Nigel said...

Thanks! I had no idea I was so cool...

Lois said...

GEO -- yes, that's a Grapevine original. Recognize the style?

NIGEL -- yes, you're so cool.

Carina said...

I was looking at Nigel's work at Atelier 180, my friend's gallery, and I really wanted to buy one. Especially Nigel Confronts [His Own] Mortality.

Lois said...

AZUCAR -- they're awesome, huh? You know his art work makes great Christmas presents!!! Put it on your list!

Am'n2Deep said...

#11 He's a very creative artist. So I'm assuming he drew your avatar that I just complimented on my blog?

Am'n2Deep said...

And while I'm in the complimenting mood, I also like your blog's "look". (It's a little familiar for some reason)

Lois said...

AM'N'2DEEP -- I like the look of your blog, too! Talk about deja vu!

Yes, he is a fabulous artist and he did draw my avatar. We're notorious for drawing pictures of each other in lieu of ID photos.

GrittyPretty said...

yep. nigel is way cool. i'm trying too think of the first time i met him. maybe 12 years ago.
should we start saving tin foil for you?! =)

Nigel said...

Gritty Pretty, we were still both in college and I was the stockroom dude. I reckon 1992-93. Tempus fugit...

Lois said...

GRITTY PRETTY & NIGEL -- small world, isn't it?